20 January 2017

meeting with bison ( (Bison bonasus)

So far I have not had the opportunity to watch bison in the wild. Coming to Hajnówka just before Nowosady village, which lies on the edge of Bialowieza Forest, we saw in the distance a huge herd of bison. I think that there were about 60-80. They were at a considerable distance of about 500-700 meters. The weather was very cloudy, foggy, and even lightly snowing. I decided to do some photos.
   The next day, I returned by the same route and in the same place, the herd was still. There were fewer of them, and probably part of their departed. Also I am photographed from the same place. The weather was similar to the previous day. I have not had time to wander closer to the snow-covered field. I saw a few photographers who came to shoot bison and approached the herd at a distance of about 100 m. The Bison almost did not react to people, slowly moving.

No comments: