04 January 2016

bird of Siberia and not only - thrushes

Thrushes (Turdidae) - a family of passerine birds
This family includes a large number of species. I would like to introduce those that occur in my neighborhood, where I listened and watched. At the foot of the Ural Mountains of Siberia there is no blackbird.

In the first place it Fieldfare (Turdus pilaris), who is with us most numerous and writhing nest nearby. Its distinctive raspy singing can be heard from trees and bushes. She loves the different types of fruit, from strawberries, black berries it rowan, hawthorn and others. In winter much of it remains.


Next is the common blackbird (Turdus merula). This black bird stands out in a loud beautiful singing. In my area most often stays in alder fairly large amount. Often quiet and low fly under the crowns of trees. Some are mistaken it with starlings.

The third turn is a Song Thrush (Turdus philomelos). As the name already suggests distinguished by beautiful singing. First, I watched him on the outskirts of the tips of the old lime. Today, I noticed it at a high ash inside the estate. Especially long he sings just before sunset during the breeding season.

No comments: